Southeast Association of Facilitators
Are YOU a Facilitator? Do you NEED a Facilitator?
You probably ARE if you: lead a team, lead meetings or events, if you develop agendas, if you work to gain consensus in a group, if you help gather ideas and information in a group setting, if you pull people together to make things happen …
You probably DO if you: have a high-stakes project or goal that requires broad commitment from individuals with different priorities and perspectives, if you are involved in the project or outcome and need to focus on that rather than guiding the meeting process, if you want to be sure that all participants feel heard, remain engaged, and leave committed …
“SEAF is a colorful, challenging, nourishing gathering-place for facilitators to exchange ideas and learn new tricks to use right away. I come away different each time I attend.” ~Claudia Brogan
“SEAF gets me out of my head to share ideas and connect with brilliant people in the facilitation space. I’m always learning something new with SEAF!” ~Scott Szymanski Trainer, Instructional Designer
Who Joins SEAF?
SEAF offers invaluable professional development opportunities for anyone who spends time planning and coordinating meetings, whether they’re a full-time, part-time or aspiring facilitator, or have never even heard of the term “facilitation.”
Our members represent a variety of occupations such as: professional facilitators, coaches, project managers of all kinds, business analysts, consultants, senior management, and others whose role requires facilitation skills on a daily basis. Many of us are employed in major organizations, and many are self-employed. We work in education, IT, healthcare, community building, environmental and non-profit industries—from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
No matter your title, function, industry, or organization size, if you run meetings with clients or colleagues then you use facilitation skills. And if you want to improve your facilitation skills—and the effectiveness of the meetings you run—there is no better place to do that than as a member of SEAF!
SEAF meets the second Friday of every other month, with networking from 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM, meeting and presentation from 9:00 AM till Noon. Meetings are designed to include:
- Facilitated Presentation: expert speakers, current topics
- Facilitated Engagement: lively discussions, group participation, Q&A
- Skills, techniques & tips: a look behind the curtain
- Networking: helpful, open, generous
Cost of half day meetings:
- Members: Free for half-day workshops
- First-Time Guests: $25 for half-day workshops
- Non-members: $55 for half-day workshops
- Non-member Student (with ID): $25
To join our email list, please click here.
For more info, please click here.
The Value of Being an SEAF Member
Five half-day training and networking sessions per year at $28 each, a $110 savings over non-members. These sessions also provide:
- Opportunities to network with other facilitators across industries and support and learn from each other
- Educational opportunities to learn new facilitation skills and stay current in the field of facilitation
- Opportunities to promote your business or company
- Opportunities to connect with other facilitators on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Ability to post and reply to job openings within the SEAF member community
- Opportunities to network with the members of affiliated organizations, such as the Institute of Management Consulting
- Opportunities to utilize your gifts and talents to give back and help SEAF grow and meet its mission and objectives
- Ability to attend SEAF-hosted conferences at a discounted rate
“SEAF has been important for over 15 years for my development as a Facilitator. It’s BRAIN CANDY!” ~Jayne Wallace